Re: [ga] Public Comments Sought on GNSO Improvements

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Public Comments Sought on GNSO Improvements
  • From: "Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M." <roddixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:18:33 -0400
  • Cc: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I understand Joop's point about stakeholders and I agree with him. It's possible, however, that pursuing an "Individual's Constituency," which includes individual domain name holders, is more pragmatic than pursuing an IDNO constituency given the proposed GNSO Improvements. The working group draft proposes creating three or four broad Stakeholder Groups made up of one or more specific constituencies from the self-formed stakeholder constituencies that have common interests. In other words, it is likely that individual's and individual domain name holder constituencies would be combined anyway for purposes of voting within the GNSO. If there is support for these combined constituencies within the GNSO now, it makes sense that we self-organize a more inclusive individual user's constituency.

Rod

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. www.cyberspaces.org