[ga] New Constituency

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] New Constituency
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:28:58 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I believe that the GA would be well founded in commenting to the effect that new broad based constituencies be formed.
  It would appear that subsection 3.4 addresses this issue in relevant part thusly;
  Preliminary recommendations
  Emerging recommendations regarding the constituency structure include;
  creating 3 or 4 broad based Stakeholder Groups..... ad nauseum.
  http://www.icann.org/announcements/draft-wg-bgc-gnso-improvements-18jun07.pdf

  There is room for more than one and membership parameters would be at issue.
  When we began our current organization of the GA it seemed apparent to me that the GA would help any movement to create an IDNO constituency. Personally I would rather see a broader based Individual User constituency. In any event we should be ready to help in this endeavor. As I expressed earlier we should have a collective position and stance.

  Eric

Bored stiff? Loosen up...