Re: [ga] Public Comments Sought on GNSO Improvements

Joop and all,

  I agree that "Oh well" is hardly a good response.

  What the GNSO is wanting however is anyone's guess, which
in fact makes this so called report unclear and seemingly
intentionionly which shows how poorly ICANN and the GNSO
communicates.

However what you suggest is secondary to the need for an
Individual registrants constituency and a REAL At Large
membership.

Joop Teernstra wrote:

>    At 11:05 a.m. 20/06/2007, you wrote:
> >This disclaimer is just too broad. I gather no one has any position
> on
> >anything at this time.
> >Oh well.
> >Eric
>
> Eric,
>
> They want recommendations and conclusions from us. They say that
> nothing
> has been cast in stone yet, although, of course, if you don't move
> your
> feet , the cement will harden into a new structure and the
> representation
> of the at large stakeholders will be provided top-down. (with all the
> negative long-term consequences for ICANN and the hapless
> "representatives")
>
> "Oh, well"  is not the best answer.
>
> My recommendation is that the ICANN Board now take the initiative to
> invite
> Individual Domain Name Owners to form a recognized GNSO constituency,
> its
> funding provided for in the 2007 and 2008 budget and its internal
> democracy
> supervised by the ombudsman and a committee of 3 (elected) Board
> members.
>
> My conclusions are suspended until this happens.
>
> Is there anyone here who  supports that?
>
> >Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >The Board Governance Committee's GNSO Review Working
> >Group has released a "Draft Working Document on GNSO
> >Improvements" that presents the Working Group's
> >initial thinking on, and raises questions about, how
> >to improve the GNSO, for discussion with Community at
> >the upcoming ICANN Meeting in San Juan and for public
> >comment through the ICANN website. This working draft
> >does not reach any definitive recommendations or
> >conclusions at this time. It is posted to encourage
> >further public discussion and comment, and it does not
> >represent the position of the Working Group, the Board
> >Governance Committee, or the Board.
> >
> >http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-19jun07.htm
> >
> >key document:
> >http://www.ic
> nn.org/announcements/draft-wg-bgc-gnso-improvements-18jun07.pdf
> >

> --Joop--
> http://www.pollingbooth.info/generalassemblysignup/
> www.icannatlarge.com
> www.democracy.org/idno

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827