Re: [ga] Public Comments Sought on GNSO Improvements

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Public Comments Sought on GNSO Improvements
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:58:51 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, GNSO/DNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all,

  Interesting.  What yet again, it seems odd but repeated refrain
that this WG didn't send a report on it's own findings.  My only
two guesses are that either this WG never reached any definitive
conclusions, or were so afraid of repercussions from the
stakeholders they didn't prepare a report to reflect whatever
conclusions/findings they agreed upon.  If either of these are
so it again reflects a lack of leadership ability which has been
sense ICANN's beginning, a hallmark.

Danny Younger wrote:

> The Board Governance Committee's GNSO Review Working
> Group has released a "Draft Working Document on GNSO
> Improvements" that presents the Working Group's
> initial thinking on, and raises questions about, how
> to improve the GNSO, for discussion with Community at
> the upcoming ICANN Meeting in San Juan and for public
> comment through the ICANN website. This working draft
> does not reach any definitive recommendations or
> conclusions at this time. It is posted to encourage
> further public discussion and comment, and it does not
> represent the position of the Working Group, the Board
> Governance Committee, or the Board.
>
> http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-19jun07.htm
>
> key document:  http://www.icann.org/announcements/draft-wg-bgc-gnso-improvements-18jun07.pdf

> Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
> http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827