[ga] NARALO Formation Meeting

  • To: ICANN At Large Staff <staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NA Discuss <na-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] NARALO Formation Meeting
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:18:06 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>From the ALAC Chair's Monthly Report:

"NARALO -In conjunction with At Large and Global
Partnerships staff, at the request of some NA ALSes,
requested funding for and got approval for a NARALO
formation meeting in Yonkers, NY in early May. This
meeting is being partially sponsored by a candidate
ALS."  https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?april_2007

It would sure be nice to know which North American
At-Large Structures requested this otherwise
unannounced NARALO formation meeting (and which one is
partially funding this meeting).  I guess that
transparency isn't very high on the ALAC's list.

The meeting date and location would also be nice to
know...

As for me, I'd love to know why these particular ALS's
won't even discuss their views on NARALO structure and
formation on the North American At-Large discussion
list (as had been requested prior to the aborted
Vancouver formation meeting).

The whole thing smacks of a set-up orchestrated by
ICANN Staff in order to promote the fantasy of
At-Large involvement.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail