Re: [ga] Whois/Privacy

kidsearch wrote:
As a small businessman I disagree with this. Yesterday, I found a website that is using as it's template one of my websites that I paid to have designed.

And you seem to want goDaddy to be a policeman to go out, act as judge, jury, and executioner, on the basis of your uncontested assertion of ownership, and shut the accused down.

It is an understandable feeling. And if things are as you say, you have rights that have been violated and you deserve civil compensation and the wrongdoer may even deserve criminal punishment.

But the method you propose is not in accord with our established methods of justice.

You have an adequate, and accepted, course of action. And that course is to invoke the legal system. That will give you the tools, under supervision of a neutral party, the courts, to go to people such as GoDaddy, and require them to open their business records so that you can find out more about the the real identity of the asserted wrongdoers.

We ought not to ravish the conception of privacy on the alter of expediency.

		--karl--