Re: [ga] More thoughts on a Registrants Constituency

Sotiris, Roberto and all,

  I am not sure if Roberto is patronizing.  I am sure he is half wrong.

  ICANN's biggest fear sense the Interim Bod members were
seated, is that registrants AND users may get a voice AND a
vote as well a seats on the Bod.  IMHO. ICANN's Bod should
have always been made up of representatives from Registries,
Registrars, Registrants and users, with users and registrants making
up the majority of the Bod.  Had this been the case from the
beginning, many of the problems which have occurred would
have been avoided.

sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Roberto, you know very well that nobody listens to the disenfranchised.
> Voting is a necessity for the registrants to be heard.  Please don't play
> cute with us, you are aware of the history of ICANN and you know that the
> registrants did have a voice at one point: when we could vote for our own
> Board members... promoting anything less than that is simply patronizing.
>
> > I have a problem with the fact that most of the time when an
> > organizational
> > issue is put on the table, the conversation ends up in counting votes. Am
> > the only one who thinks that with this obsession on voting power we miss
> > opportunities to make our voice heard?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Roberto

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827