Re: [ga] RE: ICM cross-registry WHOIS database

On 17:15 06/03/2007, Nevett, Jonathon said:
Danny:
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  Personally, I have concerns
with it and will raise it with the Registrar Constituency.

I appreciate this. This falls under the trends of database centralization. May be related to IDNA for some. This would be of real concern for ccTLDs. If Registrars started this, the project could extend to ccTLDs. There are ccTLDs which offer Whois strict privacy as a value added service. There are also ccTLDs working along the WSIS Geneva recommendation and using no registrars. Such a move could only increase the unbalance within the namespace. What would for example be the status of the Chinese Names?
jfc