Re: [ga] Vote on representation first

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Vote on representation first
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 00:31:35 -0800
  • Cc: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker and all,

  Agreed on both counts.  Joop, please refrain from gaming everyone
in the GA with such shanagans...  Further we GA members do not
even really NEED your "Polling Booth", we can vote right her on this
list as we have done before...  Further gaming/shanagans may lead
to doing so as a more palatable option...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    Ok as long as people can come along after the fact and say this
> stunk, let us do it over?
>
>   Joop there was no discussion HERE as to what the questions should be
> before you put them up. And the voting should not start until the
> first.
>
>   Eric
>
> Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   At 05:53 a.m. 31/01/2007, Hugh Dierker wrote:
> >I suppose, seeing no dissenting opines, that the booth should ask to
> >affirmative questions at once.
> >
> >Should the GA vote on having representatives?
> >
> >Should the representatives be two and equal in nature being co-chairs
> that
> >are subservient to the GA in their capacity as representatives?
> >
> >Two days to go, there being no seen objection, so we should argue
> this a
> >bit. Remember I am not invested in these questions therefor any
> critique
> >or change is welcomed.
> >

> Hi Eric,
>
> Let's see first how the first vote comes out.
>
> If we vote for a Chair election (or a chair and co-chair) then we
> should
> prepare to poll on the Chair(s) 's job description.
>
> If the vote turns out to favor a Representative, then we should poll
> on the
> Reps job description.
>

> Last reminder:
> To all who haven't voted or registered yet
> http://www.pollingbooth.info/generalassemblysignup/
>

> -joop-

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827