RE: [ga] Funding denied

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Hugh Dierker'" <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, "'GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Funding denied
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 05:59:42 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roberto,

Almost from day one, the GA has been part of the ICANN
landscape.  We consider ourselves to be a part of
ICANN just as much as any other group with a similar
record of continuous involvement.

For you to take the position that we are merely a
"mailing list of individuals that have an interest in
internet matters" and that we are a group "outside the
ICANN structure" is disingenuous at best.

We are a group whose representative structure was
eliminated by ICANN during the same "reform" that saw
the elimination of all at-large directors.  We are a
group that has been victimized by the Board, and you
know it.

I'm surprised that you have so quickly adopted the
party line.  I thought that you had more backbone than
that.

regards,
Danny