Re: [ga] RE: Whois more in detail

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Paul Stahura'" <stahura@xxxxxxxx>, "'Jeff Williams'" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Dominik Filipp'" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: Whois more in detail
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:05:33 -0500
  • Cc: "'icann whois'" <whois-comments@xxxxxxxxx>, "'ga'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Roberto and thanks. I am open to hearing more suggestions about how else this can be achieved and think it a proper topic for this list to tackle. But for now, the whois would and could be a "quick fix" until a better solution is worked out. There are several ways to go about improving trust from a consumer perspective and to protect consumers.

1. PayPal and Credit Card Companies as well as other financial processing companies could implement some sort of requirement that in order to use their services you must have valid contact info readily available to buyer. It could be achieved by making it a part of the signup process for their services where the contact info is sent from them to each buyer who buys from a particular website. Even after the fact would be better than what we have now.

2. Trust Certificates have so far been ineffective, but maybe they can be improved.

3. Last but not least is the whois.

Any other suggestions or comments on those?

Chris McElroy aka NameCritic
http://www.articlecontentprovider.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>