RE: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "icann board address" <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:19:06 +0100
  • Cc: "General Assembly of the DNSO" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roberto,

first, thank you for your constructive input out here. Wish all posts from the council members were like that, we could have got much further with the issues.

As regards the .com and other agreements, I can't bring more new ideas on top of what's already been presented here. I, especially, agree with Ted's and Karl's distinctly formulated thoughts on the topic.
I'm not sure what you've thought of when talking about the 'common GNSO consesus not reached'. If GNSO was expected to deliver an official statement on this in Sao Paulo, and it didn't then, yes, it is a GNSO's fault. I doubt it would have influenced the result of the voting, particularly, when unanimous consesus was reached, but this shouldn't happen anyway.

A short note, the thesis that .com agreement was approved, take it, sounds fine. The only problem is we soon might be facing serious problems and will spend long time by fixing the agreement flaws somewhat indirectly. The tricky section about commercial use of traffic data in connection to domain tasting speaks for all. And, as Danny writes, all that could have been avoided if only the board was more willing to listen.

As regards the tasting, I appreciate ALAC's effort and the speech in Sao Paulo. I only hope the ALAC's enthusiasm will continue further. And I would also like to see the issue officially opened.

Regards

Dominik