Re: [ga] secret rejection of reconsideration request

  • To: Edward Hasbrouck <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] secret rejection of reconsideration request
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:41:25 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ACLU - Barry Steinhardt <Barrys@xxxxxxxx>, ACLU - Christopher Chiu <cchiu@xxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, "vinton g. cerf" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ed and all,

  I would suggest you take this now directly to DOC/NTIA and ask for
a review.  I would also suggest you take this now to your congress woman
in San Fran.  I believe you have a good case here.

  I will send this on to our lobbying group on "K" street in D.C. as
well as our members and see if some assistance can be effected.

  I also believe your civil liberties may have been infringed here.

  I also want to applaud Prof. Fromkin for his kind and considerate
defense of your request.

  I believe Vint Cerfs remarks and responses were inappropriate,
and intentionally hurtful in a dishonest manner.

Edward Hasbrouck wrote:

> Since there was no notice that there would be a meeting of the
> Reconsideration Committee or that any of my outstanding requests would be
> considered during any of the ICANN meetings, I didn't go to Sao Paulo.
>
> Since I wasn't there to respond in person when they *were* discuseed, I've
> posted my analyis of the discussion of my request in the Public Forum at:
>
> http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/001192.html
>
> Additional background information is available at:
>
> http://hasbrouck.org/icann
>
> I remain, as always, available to discuss this with anyone interested.
>
> Peace,
>
> Edward Hasbrouck

> Edward Hasbrouck
> <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> <http://hasbrouck.org>
> +1-415-824-0214

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827