Re: [ga] New gTLDs consensus process at ICANNwiki

Maybe there should be 5 stages. Add overall plan to the beginning and how to get ICANN to pay attention to it as the last stage.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Prophet Partners Inc.
  To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:33 AM
  Subject: Re: [ga] New gTLDs consensus process at ICANNwiki

  Hi Jeff,

  We greatly respect Ted E. and Brandon's leadership efforts to organize a formal recommendation to ICANN. However, we would agree with you that it is unlikely to be productive and are highly skeptical of the outcome. With ICANN for the most part ignoring the recommendations from participants on its own forum / mailing list, what is the likelihood of the BoD paying any attention to an outside influence?

  Once the 3rd stage is completed, what's the plan to get ICANN to respond to the consensus recommendations of the 160 people?

  Sincerely,
  Ted
  Prophet Partners Inc.
  http://www.ProphetPartners.com