  From: Prophet Partners Inc.
  To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 3:26 AM
  Subject: Re: [ga] IDN

  "I think the risk is very low," Falstrom said. "But if we had fragmentation, it would be really, really, really bad - the result (of entering an address) you would get depends on the country you are in. Just think of the trademark infringement issues."

  I'd be more concerned about the potential abuse by scamsters, phishers, hackers, crackers, spammers and other criminals to spoof email and websites. As just one example. how many potential variations will there be of websites like Paypal.com? How many more people will fall victim to identity theft, one of the fastest growing crimes?

  Sincerely,
  Ted
  Prophet Partners Inc.
  http://www.ProphetPartners.com