[ga] Internet inventor calls for assessment

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Internet inventor calls for assessment
  • From: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 14:37:11 -0500
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Internet-inventor-calls-for-assessment/2006/11/03/1162340044870.html

"We really must have a science of understanding this. We must be able to look at whether it's going to continue to serve us well, or whether we'll end up with some things which suddenly appear overnight and which in fact are very bad," Berners-Lee said.

"Maybe we'll find that some very undemocratic things start happening, and that misinformation starts taking over the web."

For a moment there, I thought Sir Tim Berners-Lee was referring to ICANN.

Sincerely,
Ted
Prophet Partners Inc.
http://www.ProphetPartners.com