RE: [ga] 'Domain Kiting' solution proposals

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] 'Domain Kiting' solution proposals
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:39:57 +0200
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Danny,

thank you for your response.

Basically, I fully agree with getting rid of AGP in its current meaning.

Just some remarks in addition...

a) For typo corrections we don't need AGP at all, but maybe it would be
nice to give registrants an opportunity to correct negligible typos
during a short period (let's say 5 days), of course, without refunding
the costs. To avoid possible misuse only one such a correction would be
allowable. The typo change should be officially requested, accepted and
filed at registrar for possible further investigation. But this is just
an opininon...

b) Refunding the costs during AGP because of fraudulent orders (another
pro-AGP argument I read somewhere on the Internet) had seemed to me
suspicious from the utter beginning. If this was true then the domain
registration service would profit from a privilege other services can
just dream of. I can't mention any service (such as ordering and
downloading software online, e.g.) that is protected by any similar sort
of mandatory 'grace period' (unless the selling company itself
introduces special actions such as '30 day money-back guarantee', but
this is under its full control).
I don't see any reason for prefering domain registration to other
services in such a way.

Getting summarized, I fully agree with refusing the AGP concept as a
'refunding' opportunity for registrars. The only thing to consider is
the point a) but it needn't be called 'AGP' at all.

Thank you
Regards

Dominik