[ga] ccNSO Questionnaire question

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] ccNSO Questionnaire question
  • From: Martin Hannigan <hannigan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 02:05:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If this isn't the right list, please point me in the right
direction.

I saw the announcement for this:

http://survey.icann.org/cgi/ccnso/

Will there be a public comment period? The regions that ICANN
defines do not align with operator or RIR regions. I don't know
that it needs to, but, when discussing resources and issues
specific to regions, some commonality would be interesting and
perhaps useful in research.

For example, there are former British colonies, now
independent, that are part of "LAC" which should be part
of NA, based on language and service by RIR and Network
Operator Group. I realize that this survey may be an
effort to make some corrections. There are some concerns
I would have.

I see the survey is to be filled out by ccTLD managers. What
is the definition of a ccTLD manager? For example, if the
people running a ccTLD happen to be the nic.fr folks, are
they the people answering the questionnaire or will the local
registry operator or regulator being answering the
questionnaire? This seems to be somewhat flawed, IMHO.

My interest in this is operational, not specifically, yet,
ASO AC.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan (c) 617-388-2663