Re: [ga] If PIR is violating its own advisory charter, why do they expect to have .org renewed?

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] If PIR is violating its own advisory charter, why do they expect to have .org renewed?
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:20:47 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

While some folks consider the GA list to be a "cesspool", it's the main
cross-constituency list that exists in ICANN. As such, it is secretly
monitored by most, even if they just lurk and do not post often.
Indeed, just the other day Esther Dyson graced us with a posting.

Perhaps it's like the circus (everybody loves a circus!) or the traffic
accident (one can't look away!) or like the episode of Seinfeld where
they discover everybody was secretly watching "Melrose Place":

http://www.seinfeldscripts.com/TheBeard.htm

One need only post something to the GA list, and it will certainly be
heard. Whether folks choose to act on it, or engage in the usual games
of denial, that "we never knew about this" is up to them.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/