Re: [ga] Transparency & Timeliness

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Transparency & Timeliness
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:03:10 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, veni@xxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny, Veni, and all,

  As is well known, our members views regarding Transparency,
Timeliness and openness from ICANN, especially the ICANN
Bod, staff, and Constituencies has been less than reasonable
by a significant margin.  Your mention below is one of only
many examples of how words from ICANN Bod, staff, and
Constituencies personnel do not fit the reality or jive with
same.

  Any of ICANN's Bod or  staff members could have easily
forwarded on "the evaluation of new registry services" or
the "PIR proposal" as well as "VeriSign annual reports on
infrastructure improvements", at any time to this forum.  Why
such was not done in a timely manner, is beyond good reason.