Re: [ga] Tiered (Variable) Pricing

  • To: "Michael D. Palage" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Tiered (Variable) Pricing
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 05:56:48 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael,

The Community has drawn a line in the sand.  Catering
to the naked greed of registry operators is not an
option.

Your proposed compromise is not acceptable -- owing to
economies of scale, prices should be going down, not
up -- instead of increases, we should be discussing a
fixed percentage annual decrease.

All price hike proposals should be withdrawn.
Registries should focus on profit enhancement only by
way of new registry service offerings.

Best regards,
Danny

http://www.circleid.com/posts/tiered_variable_pricing_compromise/.