Re: [ga] The End of Domain Tasting and its Consequences

Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Registries may take the view that an auction process
> allows for nondiscriminatory access.

And they might also take the view that the earth is flat.

If others believe that an auction would be discriminatory, the action
could be challenged, since the wording I quoted is in the proposed
contract.

I'm not going to argue how this would play out should it happen (since
it would depend a lot on the specifics), but I have doubts that the
hypothetical scenarios you raised would go unchallenged. Especially if
the community raised a stink about it!

> An auction would allow them to maximize their ROI to a far greater
> degree than by employing other equal access procedures.

Maybe, maybe not. In any case, orthogonal to whether they would or
would not be allowed to do so.

Thomas