[ga] Registry pricing - information needed

These discussions of registry pricing are missing some important data:

We do not know how much it costs for a registry to process a registration over a multi year lifespan, nor for a shorter lifespan (e.g. tasting.)

Nor do we know how elastic those cost are to increased/decreased loads.

Nor do we know whether the transaction load due to things like tasting has caused there to be a investment in equipment and facilities that would not have been needed had that tasting load not occurred.

ICANN really ought to audit these costs, and publish the results.

It is, and was, irresponsible of ICANN to put these registry fees into the contracts without first ascertaining whether they bear any semblance to reality.

		--karl--