[ga] Is ICANN Staff tinkering with the LSE's GNSO Review?

  • To: denise.michel@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Is ICANN Staff tinkering with the LSE's GNSO Review?
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:25:56 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a note to the GNSO Council Denise Michel, ICANN's
new Policy Development VP writes: "The LSE is
incorporating additional information it received from
constituencies (in response to the request delivered
during the Marrakesh meeting). Their vacation
schedules have caused some delays. Within a week, I
should have a date for sharing a draft with the GNSO."

This seems to stand somewhat at odds with the reply I
today received from Jane Tinkler, GNSO Review Research
Team LSE Public Policy Group, that states:

"Thank you for your email requesting information about
progress on the review of the GNSO. Our research has
involved around 100 interviews, a large online survey,
and extensive data collection. We are consequently in
the process of developing our findings to ensure that
they are as evidenced as
possible and that content of the report is accurate
and balanced. We are reviewing comments provided by
ICANN staff in response to an early initial draft of
the report."

As we wouldn't want to think that ICANN Staff is
attempting to influence the outcome of an independent
review, perhaps Staff will be willing to demonstrate
their own high regard for transparency by making their
comments to the LSE group public?