Re: [ga] Comment Submitted on .biz, .info, and .org contracts

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Comment Submitted on .biz, .info, and .org contracts
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:04:19 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello George,

There will be registrant abuse even with contracts.

We have a Deletes Consensus Policy that is currently
being circumvented by almost every single registrar.
Of what value then is a contract when it is not
enforced?  You know that ICANN has no compliance
program, has hired no compliance officers, and doesn't
intend to police 800+ registrars and hundreds of
registries.

Further, ICANN doesn't give a damn about the
registrants, and the contracts don't serve to protect
the registrants -- perhaps you remember this clause:
"No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement shall
not be construed to create any obligation by either
ICANN or Registry Operator to any non-party to this
Agreement, including any registrar or Registered Name
holder."

In the long run, I would rather place my trust in free
market forces than in ICANN to protect the registrant
interest.