[ga] Re: DOC Notice of Intent for contracting the IANA function

At 03:29 AM 5/26/2006, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 01:37:58AM -0400,
 Martin Hannigan <hannigan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 37 lines which said:

> I have not received any answer to my question of how many instances
> of I-root are sitting on the PCH CDN service identified.

Bill Woodcock (who is certainly authoritative) said "some" and later
that "most" of the instances of I-root are not at PCH.

Anyway, even if *all* instances of I-root were on the PCH network,
what would it change? What counts is who manages the machine, who is
root (pun intended) on it, now who physically hosts it.

It wouldn't change anything except count, and knowing who really
is running what. Anecdotal evidence is strewn all over google about
this particular (decent) operator and root servers so there's no new ground
being broken here.

It was surprising to see that some of this is surprising.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation (w) 617-395-8574