[ga] Cerf and the individual

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Cerf and the individual
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 07:58:52 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This article is quite good. It reminds us of the good side of what has developed 'round here. Reminds us also that folks working on this project called life are basically good and trying to do what they think is right.

  Trouble is, it also reminds us that these ivory tower "benevolent dictators" don't give one ratshit about individuals. Cerf had every opportunity to mention indvidual users, good, bad or indifferent. Not one stinkin reference. Oh now, he might have "forgotten".
  But wouldn't that make the point even more.

  Now i do not know about most people but; you can rob me at gun point and i will be mad, but you take what is rightfully mine simply because you have the power to do so and look me in the eye and say i do not matter - that really pisses me off.

  http://www.gcn.com/25_2/interview/38005-1.html