[ga] lawyers

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] lawyers
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:34:41 -0500
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You know, I have a lot of disagreements with lawyers on many topics, especially in the area of trademarks and domain names, however, lawyers do have their plus side.

An example would be;

I build a new website.

I state that I am taking pre-orders on domain names in the tld of .lawyer.

I begin my new business and sell lots of pre-orders.

Then ICANN says nope, we're not going to approve of your tld on the main root.

I speak with my lawyer, who you will remember I said there were some uses for, and ask him if they can stop me from doing that.

He says nope. They are restraining free enterprise against a company who now has proven technical capabilities and has enough pre-orders to prove a demand for the product in question.

I tell my lawyer to do his thing.

Personally, I think it might just fly.

Chris McElroy
http://www.WhoLetTheBlogOut.com