Re: [ga] All future names should be sponsored

  • To: "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] All future names should be sponsored
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:13:46 -0500
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, yeah, that would work out just fine. Sorry if my trust level for
corporations is low. Sorry if I don't seem to expect ethical behavior from
same. Past experience and examples of that lack of ethics force it to be so.

Sponsored tlds; So, if they decide to sponsor .TEL and bell-south or one of
it's subsidiaries gets to manage it, who will guarantee they will not hinder
their competitors access to it and the availability of domain names to same?

They fight in court to not allow other phone companies to use the telephone
lines they control. You think they wouldn't pull something to hinder
competitor access to the domain they control?

Again, new tlds should be chosen by those who wish to manage them. ICANN
shouldn't choose new tlds and then look for who should manage them.