Re: [ga] registration info on domain names

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] registration info on domain names
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:22:46 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree Richard. However my approach has proven over centuries in many developed nations. Legal, certified surrogate agents for sevice of process. You do not get Fords' personal address in order to serve process, you get their legal agents' and they must accept service on their clients behalf and the agent will protect the privacy. About 15 USD per year.

Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I take the view that individuals should not have to publish their private
addresses simply to gain the right to use strings of numbers. If these
individuals abuse the number strings in some way, then by all means let a
complainant pursue them through the courts. Their private addresses should
be kept as securely as credit card details etc and only released on the
authority of a court of law.

Of course, if people are happy to publish their details, then that is fine
and they can "opt in".

But have you ever been harrassed and stalked by a person with mental
illness?

I have, and it's traumatic for a whole household.

Individuals right to privacy should be protected.

Yrs,

Richard Henderson