Re: [ga] Re: On new TLDs

Dany,
please refer yourself to the agreement we had we reached with Jon Postel's team in 1984 (still the rule). This is RFC 920.

It says that new TLDs (multiorganization TLDs) can be created if there is an expected demand of 500 Domain Names. The reason why was that I had to support them internationally and this costed administrative resources to manage the gateway, and support the users I wanted to be paid back. As long as the Internet was one network among others, new TLDs created this routing/gateway management load.

This load on many people descreased with the globality of the Internet and I hardly see the need today for a root file and TLD creation limitation. All what we need today is a IANA TLD directory to inform on existing TLD and the site where the TLD nameserver IP addresses is maintained. BTW I continue to daily maintain this file: http://intlnet.org/intlfile.txt and plan to introduce a better support of IPv6 soon.

jfc