Re: [ga] New TLDs PDP -- Should new TLDs be Introduced?

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] New TLDs PDP -- Should new TLDs be Introduced?
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 01:39:23 -0800
  • Cc: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr .Dierker and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Indeed I am a "Subscriber" on this mailing list.  However as the"GA" has

been defunct as you well know, I ask again of Danny, who is the"WE"
to which is addresses and refers?

If the "WE" to which Danny refers are those whom are still "Subscribers"

of this Mailing list, that's just fine.  If however Danny is acting as
though the
GA is still in actual existence as a part of ICANN, than he is mistaken
or otherwise deluded.  The GA has not members any longer as it does
not officially exist as a part of ICANN as you well know...

Therefore discussing gTLD's or any other issue of concern, interest or
consequence to stakeholders/users, is wonderful.  But to do so as though

such discussions of topics of interest to stakeholders/uesr/registrants
are
a collective "Body of work" is delusional as to any potential impact
of determining any policy ICANN may in the future or present, decide.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> [...]
> > criteria from previous top level domain application
> > processes and relevant
> > criteria in registry services re-allocations, develop
> > modified or new criteria which specifically address
> > ICANN's goals of expanding the use and usability of
> > the Internet. In particular, examine ways in which the
> > allocation of new top level domains can meet demands
> > for broader use of the Internet in developing
> > countries.
> >
> > b. Examine whether preferential selection criteria
> > (e.g. sponsored) could be developed which would
> > encourage new and innovative ways of addressing the
> > needs of Internet users.
> >
> > c. Examine whether additional criteria need to be
> > developed which address ICANN's goals of ensuring the
> > security and stability of the Internet.
> >
> > 3. Allocation Methods for New Top Level Domains
> >
> > a. Using the experience gained in previous rounds,
> > develop allocation methods for selecting new top
> > level domain names.
> >
> > b. Examine the full range of allocation methods
> > including
> > auctions, ballots, first-come first-served and
> > comparative evaluation to determine the methods of
> > allocation that best enhance user choice while not
> > compromising predictability and stability.
> >
> > c. Examine how allocation methods could be used to
> > achieve
> > ICANN's goals of fostering competition in domain name
> > registration services and encouraging a diverse range
> > of registry services providers.
> >
> > 4 Policy to Guide Contractual Conditions for New Top
> > Level Domains
> >
> > a. Using the experience of previous rounds of top
> > level domain name application processes and the recent
> > amendments to
> > registry services agreements, develop policies to
> > guide the contractual criteria which are publicly
> > available prior to any application rounds.
> >
> > b. Determine what policies are necessary to provide
> > security and stability of registry services.
> >
> > c. Determine appropriate policies to guide a
> > contractual compliance programme for registry
> > services.
> >
> > --- Let the discussion begin ---
> >

> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
>
> "Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -
> Abraham Lincoln
>
> "Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is
> very often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt
>
> "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
> liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
> P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
> United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
> Updated 1/26/04
> CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
> IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
> ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402

   Abraham Lincoln