[ga] Public Comment on new TLDs - a taxonomic approach for businesses

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Public Comment on new TLDs - a taxonomic approach for businesses
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:10:52 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I cannot imagine why any serious company would want,
say,
companyname.biz when they could have a domain name
that actually
matched their legal name.

C'mon, you geeks, let's implement things like

General_Motors.Corp
Motorola.Inc

and so on, with all the usual categories of
organizations such as

.co    (Ford_Motor.Co)
.cos  (The Smithford Companies - fictional name)
.inc    (Motorola.Inc)
.&co
.corp  (General_Motors.Corp)
.co-inc
.llc
.pc
.plc
.ag
.gmbh
.freres
.bros
.group
.assoc

In general, anything short that is widely used, even
internationally, as the last word of a company name,
should be
provided.

I suspect that, immediately, most companies would
prefer to use the top level domain most closely
matching their actual company name's ending, as soon
as this were to become available.

John H. Sangster
http://forum.icann.org/lists/new-gtld-questions/msg00000.html

Just $16.99/mo. or less.