Re: [ga] A Monroe Doctrine for the Internet

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] A Monroe Doctrine for the Internet
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 03:28:47 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

I myself cannot make much sense of Her Hauptman's comments/remarks as
their vagueness is nonsensical as you seem to be responding to.

IF Her Hauptman is indirectly referring to ICANN, than of course that
is a political view on his part, not an actual one in fact.  If however
Her Hauptman is referring to other "Interested Parties" underrepresented

by a constituency within ICANN, than he may in some instances have
a point.

Yet you are right in that this forum, no longer an official ICANN forum,

and has not been for now quite some time, is hardly an instrument or
means of communicating to ICANN "officials" in any manner that would
garner consideration.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    Well if that is not a silly notion i do not know what is.
> This list does not purport to speak for anyone. That failure of
> concept of yours is the impediment you have toward moving forward and
> addressing issues.
> If you truly need help understanding the concepts of; Individual
> users, dotcommoner, stakeholder, General Assembly, domain name holder
> and constituency I am sure someone else will have the patience to
> teach you. No matter what you claim, on this list you only speak for
> you and i only speak for me. Nobody here represents a country. Nobody
> here represents an entity or anything else. Nothing about this list
> purports to speak for all nations. Anyone from any nation is welcome.
> And if that makes you queasy then you have a very weak fortitude
> indeed.

> rbhauptman@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Next thing you know he'll also claim that Al Gore 'invented' the
> Internet ;-)
>
> But seriously, tyhank youfor your post, I thought I might be alone on
> here.  The American Jingoism on a list that purports to speak for all
> nations makes me queasy.
>
> North American (USA) Rick

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827