Re: [ga] A Monroe Doctrine for the Internet

  • To: richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx, dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] A Monroe Doctrine for the Internet
  • From: RBHauptman@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 16:47:19 EST
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've been an American all my life.  And I can say without  qualification that
we are arrogant, self-centered, and think the world revolves  around us.
That's why we are as hated as we are loved.  Our passion  and zeal to impose
everything on everyone makes my skin crawl.  And it's  how we get into all these
problems (killing a gazillion Iraqis and Afghanis  among them).  We are Right
and you are Wrong.  It's a pretty simple  equation for those who are Simple.
And arrogant.

Rick

richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Danny,  are you American? Go figure...

But seriously, I am willing to see a  continuing use of ICANN (with some
desired reforms) but there is no logic  to the idea that ICANN has to have
just one "current steward" - the  US.

Danny, I am not American. I do not think that the rest of the world  should
be satisfied with ICANN being accountable only to *your*  country.

Whatever makes Americans think that that's OK?