Re: [ga] ISOC Captures ALAC

  • To: richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ISOC Captures ALAC
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:15:01 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard,

If you've read through the last half dozen Status
Reports to the DOC, you'll note that the ALAC figures
prominently in each one of them.  ICANN will not
forego this fraudulent pretense because it's vital to
their MOU completion effort.  They have to pretend
that everything is wonderful, and that things will
work themselves out over the course of time.

The ALAC is ICANN's answer to their ninth obligation
under the last MOU amendment:

"Continue to develop, to test, and to implement
appropriate mechanisms that foster informed
participation in ICANN by the global Internet
community, such as providing educational services
and fostering information sharing for constituents
and promoting best practices among industry
segments."

Without that ALAC section in their response, all that
ICANN can point to is attendance at a few meetings.
We're being victimized just so that ICANN can play the
game of appearing to be responsive.

--- Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://farechase.yahoo.com