[ga] Re: [Politech] ICANN and Verisign settle lawsuits, Verisign gets .com forever [econ]

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "declan@xxxxxxxx" <declan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [Politech] ICANN and Verisign settle lawsuits, Verisign gets .com forever [econ]
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 03:19:53 -0700
  • Cc: icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, dave@xxxxxxxxxx, alac@xxxxxxxxx, John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

Well it looks like the stakeholder/user gets screwed again. ICANN gets
allot more money to spend on junkets, Verisign again keeps .COM
as I once predicted forever essentially. And the UN is left out in
in the cold with a new enemy as a lobbyist, Verisign.  So everybody
caved in their own self interests and the stakeholder/user is the
eventual victim.  How special is this?!