Re: [ga] .int registry policy

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .int registry policy
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 23:09:02 -0700
  • Cc: vint@xxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, chair@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

 Contacting anyone by phone or Email and expecting return call or
message
to an inquiry is a difficult if not improbable endeavor as has been
reported
by many.   Is it any wonder that reaching the registry contact for .int
is also as difficult if not improbable?

Danny Younger wrote:

> Vint,
>
> If you don't mind, I would like to raise an old issue.
>
> The World Intellectual Property Organization came to
> us some time ago and expressed a number of concerns.
> One of their laments was that under current IANA .int
> registry policy, "only one registration is allowed"
> for each intergovernmental organization; this policy
> denies such groups the opportunity to register both
> their organizational name and their organizational
> acronym.
>
> As I still fail to grasp why this policy must
> necessarily be so restrictive, I would ask you to
> explain the process whereby policy for the .int
> registry may be changed.  As for some reason I am
> unable to locate the .int registry contract with ICANN
> I am not in a position to review the appropriate
> procedures.
>
> I bring this matter to your attention because the
> issue appears to have been buried by Staff (as I
> recall they were charged with the responsibility to
> engage the community in further consultations on the
> topic, yet such consultations do not appear to have
> materialized).
>
> We have an obligation to make sure that each
> petitioner is given a fair hearing.  As much as I
> personally loathe the intellectual property
> contingent, their views appear to be supported by the
> GAC and they do have a right to have their issues
> properly addressed by ICANN, wouldn't you agree?
>
> Best regards,
> Danny

> http://farechase.yahoo.com

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827