Re: [ga] RE: Bylaws Change Requested -- The At-Large Requires Representation

Chris and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  I did not start this subject thread, Danny Younger did.  I never have thought
that Vint or any other single person could or even should have the level of
influence you suggest.  Still don't.  But I believe that as this subject thread
was predominantly directed at Vint, it is clear that Danny does.  Hence
another problem or concern.  Either Danny believes that Vint or some
other single individual should or does have such influence, or Vint
actually does in Dannys mind.

In any event, I agree that Sotiris's remarks as to method are a good idea,
but that the execution of same must be open and transparent to the extent
that any and all interested parties and/or stakeholders/users can participate
freely and openly.  The WG's were not conducted  in that manner, and as
a result were skewed or ineffectual as a result of selected censorship.

kidsearch wrote:

> You seem to put a lot on Vint by himself. Do you think he can just walk in
> and tell the board, "Look here, because of what I just read, here is how
> things are going to be."
>
> Unfortunately that isn't how it works. If Vint were to embrace the working
> group plan or other individual participation plan it would carry weight and
> it is my hope that he will see that we are suggesting rational solutions to
> the problems ICANN faces. It is of benefit to ICANN to create a body that is
> truly representative of those individuals who wish to participate in the
> process.
>
> Insulting them will not get it done. We've all tried that approach. Real
> solutions cannot be ignored for long because they carry their own weight. I
> realize that some individuals here HAVE been giving real solutions and feel
> they have been ignored.
>
> In large part, we've given them excuses to ignore them in the past because
> we disagree so much with each other on rather minor points. That makes it
> easy for them to say "well they can't even agree among themselves, why
> listen to them."
>
> I'm not saying it will definitely work, but if everyone can get on the same
> page and focus on the things we DO all agree on, maybe we can gain their
> respect and attention. When you disagree with someone 99% of the time, you
> have to focus on the 1% you do agree on to make any progress.
>
> If that doesn't work, then revolt!
>
> Chris McElroy, President,
> Kidsearch Network
> http://www.KidsearchNetwork.org