[ga] RE: Bylaws Change Requested -- The At-Large Requires Representation

  • To: vint@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] RE: Bylaws Change Requested -- The At-Large Requires Representation
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 05:44:46 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vint,

I share your view that a very small fraction of the
billion or so reported Internet users actually want to
provide input.  By the same token only a small
fraction of trademark holders, businesses and
non-commercial entities seek to provide input, yet we
do afford these constituent groups with an opportunity
for representation within the ICANN process.  The
At-Large, however, is a constituent part of the whole
that has been recently relegated to the sidelines.  We
are asking for the opportunity to function just like
any other constituent body -- with a venue to conduct
discussion and debate, and with the opportunity to
have a representative structure that conveys consensus
(or the lack thereof) to the Board on issues
pertaining to the DNS.

Best wishes,
Danny

Yahoo! Music Unlimited