Re: [ga] "Breaking America's grip on the net"

Andy and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

This is speculation on your part Andy.  And I wouldn't take
odds either way on a bet.  In any event none of this administrations
officials set up ICANN anyway, they inherited it and have let
it run amuck for reasons I cannot determine.

Your characterization is of your own making or determination
and may or may not be accurate.  However I do believe
myself, that DOC/NTIA has been more active and as a result
made some effective changes for good or ill depending on
your point of view and your country of origin and/or domicile.

In any event, meeting in Geneva will do little to change the
status quo as Joop seems to believe.  Such political guess
work from Joop is nearly legendary and often wrong.

The UN and it's sibling the ITU is a mess and getting worse,
as is WSIS and WGIG.  To believe that the UN and/or any
of its member organizations could make a positive difference
is circumspect at best and given the corruption rampid within
the UN these days, nearly impossible.

Andy Gardner wrote:

> Key members of "this administration" will be in jail shortly for a
> long list of reasons. One of them for believing US citizens are
> somehow more important than anyone else on the planet.
>
> On Oct 8, 2005, at 2:01 AM, Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Joop and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
> > stakeholders/users,
> >
> > Nice try, but it ain't never going to really happen.  No
> > meeting in Geneva or anywhere in the EU is going to
> > change the position of this administration regarding
> > whom controls the "Root" or the basic infrastructure
> > of the internet.
> >
> > Don't get caught up in such political clap trap Joop.

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827