[ga] Re: .vu CCTLD off the air

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 11:31:48AM -0500,
 Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 5 lines which said:

> Is it just me, or has the entire .vu CCTLD disappeared from the
> Internet?

Right, no nameserver reply properly:

% check_soa vu
There was no response from FUTUNA.VANUATU.COM.vu
EFATE.VANUATU.COM.vu is not authoritative for vu
COLO.TO is not authoritative for vu
There was no response from SANTO.VANUATU.COM.vu
There was no response from NS1.TDC.TO

However, if you send a message on the GA mailing list each time a TLD
disappears, we will have a lot of traffic. Despite ICANN's claim that
they are in charge of the "security and stability" of the Internet,
misconfiguration of TLDs, sometimes to the point of total brokenness,
is a very common event.

At the time of this writing, ".io" fails for every non-existing
subdomain (timeout instead of "No such domain").