Re: [ga] U.S. tells nations hands off Internet

Ok, here we are again.

 "We want to make sure the private sector leads and the Internet continues
to be a reservoir of great innovation, and that governments continue to
focus on enabling the growth of the Internet, and not of controlling its
use," Ambassador David A. Gross told The Washington Times in an interview."

Private sector =  Corporations
Internet continues to be a reservoir of great innovation = as long as the
corporations are able to control how and when the innovation happens.
governments continue to focus on enabling the growth of the Internet, and
not of controlling its use = allowing the corporations to control it
instead.

Funny how they don't realize it's individuals who innovate and corporate
entities who stifle innovation. If the Ambassador's statement was a true
reflection of what our government and the corporations who run it thought,
it would be good, but as it is they don't want any innovation to occur that
they cannot control.

Chris McElroy
http://www.kidsearchnetwork.org
http://thingsthatjustpissmeoff.blogspot.com