Re: [ga] ALAC: Individuals Not Wanted

Ricahard and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

You hit the nail  on the head dead center.  What's amazing is that
DOC/NTIA didn't agree with this errant attitude, yet has made
no real move to correct same, leaving ICANN again to fix
what it doesn't want to fix in the first place.

Richard Henderson wrote:

>   Well I've told you this all along.
>
> ALAC is a constituency that represents Individual Internet Users -
> only trouble is: individual internet users are not allowed to join.
>
> Reason: whatever happens, ICANN never wants to run the risk again of
> individual internet users actually participating as individuals and
> bringing the risk of democratic accountability to ICANN's processes.
>
> Last time that happened, the democratically elected representatives of
> the At Large were *expelled* from the ICANN Board.
>
> ALAC was the structure introduced not by Individual Users but by the
> ICANN Board - and implemented by Denise Michel - with the purpose of
> creating the semblance of User Participation, without the threat of
> its reality.
>
> Look at the At Large forums. The voice of Internet Users of the whole
> world? A Joke!
>
> Why can Individual Users not participate in their own right in a
> structure supposedly for... Individual Users?
>
> Lamentable!
>
> Yrs,
>
> Richard Henderson

"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827