Re: [ga] U.S. DOC Won't Let Go of DNS

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] U.S. DOC Won't Let Go of DNS
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 22:16:48 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, essential ecom <ecommerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, cathy Handley <chandley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <ksmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ya'll must get a grip,

REmarks aside this ain't no battle it is a whoopin.

ICANN has failed. (don't blame me, i applied for posts in Aruba). It has shown a lack of even a lack of caring. They do not play well where either side of the isle (and i mean that by English and D & R, congress style) can help them.

But we in the biz or acedemia muddle on and make a mil here or there. And no one cares about ICANN. And certainly Dr. Froomkin is all the wealtherier for it.

Weakness is a sign. And these men and women are weak. I use them as examples of failure.

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All,

Despite Fromkins and Twomey's remarks, as I read between
the lines of this article as well as have followed ICANN closely
sense it's ill begotten conception and beginnings, ICANN evidently
cannot be trusted with the security of the DNS and root zone
file well enough for it such to be turned over to ICANN exclusively.
In other words, ICANN still needs allot of baby-sitting...

See: http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1833928,00.asp

Pierre Abelard

United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827