[ga] .MOBI agreement

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] .MOBI agreement
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 06:54:43 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maybe ICANN is using lay people to draft contracts and agreements in an effort to save money, and maybe I am just an old wordsmith that still believes people judge you on how you speak and write. However the proposed contract between Mobi and ICANN is written so poorly that I would gather it would be unenforcible without extrinsic evidence as to its' intent. A handshake would be more honest.
The sunrise period in the appendix is so sketchy and the bulk whois provisions and anti-warehousing clauses so brief as to leave one guessing to what they mean. Further there are no reasonable liquidated damages clauses. So breaches will require court action or become practice and OK. Oh well.
Our, on top of it, mass media is now reporting sex sites will get their own .XXX by the end of this year. Strange.

ICANN Publishes Proposed Agreement on .MOBI

ICANN has completed negotiations with the Applicant for .MOBI sponsored top-level domain. The Agreement and Appendices have been posted on the ICANN website and submitted to the ICANN Board for approval.

Proposed .MOBI Sponsored TLD Registry Agreement

Proposed .MOBI Agreement Appendices