Re: [ga] Strong Arm Tactics

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Strong Arm Tactics
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:57:54 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And a man reached out and struck my child and took her rights away from her and defiled her. But I was wise and only called him a little ill. And then he took my grandfather and took his job and his pride and denied him a voice, and grandfather died from lack of freedom. But I was still wise and only called him missdirected. And then he burnt my home in the middle of a storm and placed my wife and my children in much harm. But again I was wise and only lent a hand so he could get counseling and sat and heard his sad story. He was unpaid and only volunteered to do me harm. By God he meant no harm and was merely missunderstood.

Richard,

Palage does no harm?  He is good and allows the AlAC fraud? He speaks out against wrong when he sees it? He aids and abetts censorship of a Mans voice and this is civil?
It is not polite to call a pig a pig? Is a whore a whore? Must I now call someone who takes money in exchange for their body and mouth a good man? Must I be polite in the face of rape?
Oh excuse me I am not a member of a civil society and I disrupt this list and disrupt comfort in ignorance.

Eric

Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On the other hand, Eric, he is probably wise to embrace that Machiavellian maxim: "Only fight the battles you believe from the outset you can win." If Michael wants a more open and responsive ICANN, he may consider that "actually getting re-elected" is the first major battle he must win. This may require him to see some things more than others, and say some things more than others, at least until after he has been returned.

I can accept that as a rational strategy. But, of course, I am not circumscribed in the way he is (by the need to please those with influence) and therefore you or I can continue to ask the open and honest questions.

Like the question that both Danny and I have now posed:

"If re-elected to the Board, what will be your public position regarding the At-Large and their right to representation on the ICANN Board?"

If Michael would care to answer this question, then I would be interested in listening.

Unfortunately other members of the ICANN Board are wholly opposed to users individually electing their own representatives. Therefore if they ever allowed one At Large Director on the Board (always, of course, in a large voting minority and put there for image purposes) it would only be on their own terms, not the terms the actual stakeholders chose to define for their own constituency.

Yrs,

Richard H