[ga] Theregister.co.uk sides with Dnic for .NET...

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Theregister.co.uk sides with Dnic for .NET...
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:02:16 -0800
  • Cc: icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  Well it's official, Theregister.co.uk anoints it's choice for .net.
See:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/20/icann_names_dotnet_contenders/

 After checking with several sources, it seems Theregister.co.uk
stands go gain some "leverage" in it's decision to support fellow
European registry Dnic [ .de ].  I wonder how many Euro's
were slipped under the table or promises Dnic made to get
Theregister.co.uk's support?  Something smells pretty
fishy here me thinks!   More yellow journalism perhaps?
Well from where we sit, so much for journalistic ethics
for Theregister.co.uk...

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS