Re: [ga] Texas Goes After Student Spammer. To bad we can't say the same for ICANN.

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Texas Goes After Student Spammer. To bad we can't say the same for ICANN.
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:33:23 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: Greg Abbott <greg.abbott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, james tierney <james.tierney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I pay taxes, when required. I support my local and federal law enforcement. I did my time helping to prosecute bad elements with different attorney generals. I think every citizen should assist and certainly not hinder the authorities in doing their job.
But there ain't no way ICANN should be involved with the prosecution or enforcement of criminal statutes, ordinances or regulations. They are not even sworn in to uphold the law. Most of the board are from differing countries. They have neither the support nor the mandate to enforce laws. How can a rational person be against them collecting a tax and yet for them becoming cyber police? I can hardly wait until a supporter of ICANN as police and peoples' attorney is served by a warrant to search his home issued by Twomey or Esther. Jeff you are way off the mark here.

Eric

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

Count Texas in the growing list of states fighting spammers with
CAN-SPAM. [0]Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott filed the
lawsuits today, [1]charging a University of Texas student
(and a cohort in California) with sending out millions of unsolicited
commercial emails under the pseudonyms PayPerAction and
Leadplex, among others. [2]Spamhaus rates PayPerAction
the #4 spammers in the world.

Let me be the first to thank our Atty. Gen. for doing his
duty and aiding in the fight against spam. I hope this will
stand as a shining example of how other government
agencies and their contracted agents such as ICANN
of how and what to do. However with ICANN I am
not holding my breath...

Links:
0. http://oag.state.tx.us/
1.
http://news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=129116
2. http://www.spamhaus.org/

Pierre Abelard

United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827