Re: [ga] Soccer Tournament in Mar del Plata

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Soccer Tournament in Mar del Plata
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:48:54 -0800
  • Cc: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Certainly a soccer game as with almost any other sport game would help

in increasing public awareness.  But why soccer or only soccer?  Why
not rugby, or badminton, or beach volleyball?  Who decides such things?
What
is the criterion for such a choice?  I for one am neither a fan of
soccer, nor
a player.  Hoever I was a player for a number of years in rugby with the

Dallas Harlequins, twice world champions.  It may be that rugby is a bit

too rough of a sport for many within ICANN/GNSO/ALAC?  Although
the verbal/written jousting from ICANN/GNSO/ALAC "personalities"
is quite "rough".  So I can only suppose that the mouth/keyboard is
not backed up by their sporting abilities...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    Clearly a soccer game increases public input and awareness. It
> helps therefor in outreach and participation. It helps the elite
> engage in discussion with the list contributors.
> Look it has already helped bring some public awareness here.
> A bake sale may help elect an official that ultimately decides how
> your child is educated. A bake sale may be silly but outreach is
> outreach.
> Eric

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx